It’s exam week over here in Singapore. 1 May was Labour Day, but it meant nothing to tutors like me. It’s the best day to have extra lessons. Had full day session, top with revision with own children. Life of a modern day mum 😦
Simple one here. Shaped out of pancakes. 🙂 Scroll down for pancake’s recipe. 🙂 It’s yummy 😉
The cutter didn’t seem to work well on pancakes 😦
Pancake Recipe – Serves 4
Plain Flour – 1.5 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tspns
Salt – 1/2 tspn
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1.5 cups
Medium egg – 1
Butter – 3 tbsp melted (I’m using SCS)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and pour the wet ingredients.
- Mix well till all the lumps are gone. I find using whisk to mix gives great texture. (http://www.whisk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Whisk1.jpg)
- Heat up non-stick pan till very hot.
- Lower fire to medium, pour in about a ladle full.
- Flip when batter starts to bubble. (note, if pan is not hot enough, the first piece usually don’t give nice color. But it’s still edible)
- Allow the other side to cook till brown. After a while, you will get a hang of the timing.
Happy cooking 🙂 The secret lies in the butter. Use a good butter and your pancake will really be yuuuummmmm!!!!