With my bento into my 200s, today I’m launching another features in this blog! Quick Meals!!! Meals that can be ready within 30 minutes! Impossible? With some preparation and tools, getting meals up within a short time is REALLY POSSIBLE!
I’m busy. Really busy. I hear a lot of friends lamenting that cooking is troublesome and take too much time. Last year, I had to teach 3 weekdays and on Saturdays, but I still wanted to make home-cooked dinners for my children. Forced myself to look for simple recipe that can be ready within a short time.
Been watching Jamie Oliver’s 30 minutes Meal show, and really inspired. On the other hand, I was also thinking, it will be great to have Asian style kind of quick meals.
Recently, ever since I bought 2 HappyCall Pans, I realised that IT IS POSSIBLE!!! I will dedicate another post on the HappyCall wonders, and how I personally find it works for me, for now, this post, it’s about …
Quick Meal – Sesame Chicken with Black Fungus (Serve 4)
My cooking is generally estimation, I have no time to go into details, but I will try my best. I also won’t focus on simple things like how to cook rice, how to stir fry the vegetable, or how to slice the apples :P.
Food : Sesame Black Chicken with Fungus, Stir-fried Garlic Vegetable, Sliced Apple, White Rice
Ingredients for Chicken – 2 thigh 2 wings, small palm full dried black fungus (my daughter loves this, so I put a lot), 4 slices of ginger striped
Seasoning for Chicken – about 1.5 bowl of water or soup stock, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 3 tbsp Hua Tiao Wine, 1 tbsp sugar, salt to taste
Tools : At least 1 HappyCall Pan 😛 (it really helps!!)
- Preparation, cook rice, soak black fungus in warm water till puffed up, wash chicken.
- Heat up the HappyCall. While it’s heating up, get ginger ready.
- Pour in sesame oil, ginger, close the pan, fry till fragrant. While it’s frying, rinse black fungus and dry off as much water as you can.
- Ginger should be ready, add chicken and black fungus. Cover and allow it to cook on each side for about 3 minutes, or till chicken change color.
- While chicken is cooking, mix all the seasonings together, get vegetable ready by washing it, and getting the garlic chopped, slice the apples and have them soak in salted water for a few minutes to prevent browning. Remember to flip the pan in between.
- By the time all those are ready, flip pan back to right side up, pour in the seasoning, cover, allow to boil, then lower fire to simmer till sauce thicken.
- While chicken is cooking, if you have another Happycall pan, fry the vegetable using it. If not, just fry the vegetable in normal pan.
- Once sauce thicken, rice, vegetable, and apples should be ready.